Friday 11 January 2013

Make-up review: Sleek Palette in Sparkle 2

Hi guys!
So here is yet another blog post for you about make-up. Enjoy!

So in December I received this for my Birthday and I have been playing around with it and I can say this is so very cool! All the colours are shimmery so if you ain't a shimmer person look away as this palette is FULL of all types of glitter.


So this palette came out as Sleek's 'Christmas' palette and the names are so cute. Here is the list of colours:

  • (From left to right, top row first) Chocolate Penny: A bronzed Gold  that doesn't actually have glitter but it's just very shimmery.This is a beautiful colour and it is quite pigmented. Sleek's darker eyeshadows I find have a bit more pigment to them but this one is also very good in pigment. They have quite a long staying power but I suggest using a primer as they are shimmery and will fade a bit throughout the day or night.
  • Blue Spruce: Rich light cobalt blue with silver glitter that has slight green undertones to it. Not as great pigment as the previous one but still gives off a lot of colour.
  • Mulled Wine: I think the name is perfect for this eyeshadow since it is the colour of mulled wine: except for the fact it has gold glitter running through it. Very pigmented and is beautiful for a purple hued smokey eye.
  • Truffle: Super pigmented chocolate shimmer. No glitter this time but this colour is just beautiful. There is this this beautiful golden shimmer running through the brown that I think would suit brown eyes so well. 
  • Mistletoe: Dark forest green with sparse glitter running through it. I see why they put it in their Christmas palette for this is so festive but I can imagine this would be very wearable in spring as well.
  • Illusion: I didn't really understand the name for this one but the colour is amazing. A dark midnight purple with silver glitter. So very pigmented. It would look amazing with Mulled Wine for a monochromatic look. (A look that has different hues of only one colour)
  • Festive: Another purple even though different from the others. It is more of a plum based purple that has slightly red undertones to it. More purple than Mulled Wine though. Yet This one has silver glitter to it and it is quite pigmented.
  • Gold Ribbon: This colour looks so scary in the palette for it is a gold with green-ish undertones. Weird I know.When I swatched it and put it on I actually realised it was more of a true gold foil colour. This is a shimmer. Very pigmented for a gold even though it isn't as pigmented as other eyeshadows from Sleek.
  • Glitz & Glamour: This is a super pigmented grey pearly colour with silver glitter. It has blue-ish undertones to it and I think it would make an amazing smoky colour.
  • Tinsel" Your classis silver shimmer with light blue undertones to it. Quite pigmented.
  • Twinkle; Midnight blue with silver shimmer that is very close to black and yet again very good quality.
  • Starry Night: Black with silver glitter. Like in the black colour in my other Sleek palette this one is also of a very good pigment.
So those are all the 12 colours. The names are so very festive and it comes with a little brush. The black rubber casing makes it pick up a lot of dirt but the colours are worth it. This is limited edition so hurry if you do want it and that is all for today.
Chiara xx



2 comments:

  1. GORRRRGEOUS palette! :D would love to see some swatches of the shades though..

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's just beautiful! Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to include more swatches! :-)

      Delete