Sunday 10 February 2013

Make-up Review: Mac Lady Bug Lipstick

Hi guys!
Valentine's day is soon approaching and whether you are doing something or not, this lipstick is the perfect romantic shade. Whatever the occasion.
So I am gonna start this post by saying and explaining these types of lipsticks by Mac because people tend to get very confused. Mac has different types of finishes that are:

  • Matte
  • Satin 
  • Amplified Creme
  • Amplified
  • Frost 
  • Cremesheen
  • Lustre 
  • Glaze
  • Satin 
!!!These are not the names of the lipsticks!! The name of the lipstick is under that. The finish describes the way it looks on the lips. Lady Bug from Mac is a Lustre meaning it is sheerer than other lipsticks but still quite pigmented. It gives a more wet, glossy look on the lips and doesn't last that well depending if you obviously put a lip pencil or something else to seal the lip. 


The actual colour itself is a slightly wine-y red. Mac describes it as a 'yellow tomato' colour which I kind of agree as it has got warmer yellow undertones to it but I definitely think it is slightly darker than that. I love this lipstick as it is a really wearable red lipstick that isn't too in your face in a way. It is quite muted for a red shade as of course it is slightly sheerer.
 I do not own that many Mac lipsticks so far but from what I own I can say that they have a really nice range and that they definitely deserve a look at as there is a shade for everyone. They cost £14 each which is kinda pricey for young girls like me but, hey! What can you do.


In the bullet the colour may seem quite strong but when blended into the lips it gives of this gorgeous flushed lips colour and makes teeth look really white. The only problem with Lustre's are that they can smudge as they give a glossy finish which smudges easily. 

I decided to review this lipstick as I feel it is the perfect lipstick that I own for Valentine's day as it is soft and cute, and definitely catches the eye. Pairing this with a smokey eye would be great for a glamourous night out or just pairing it with a simple winged eyeliner makes it even softer and great for daytime or who knows, a date!
Swatch of the lipstick on my arm. I did have a picture of it on my lips but it was really unfocused and my camera was being grumpy so, sorry!

I hope you guys have a great Valentine's day and that it will be filled with love and amazing make-up choices! 
What is you favourite Mac Lipstick finish?
Will you be rocking a red lip on Valentines day?
Chiara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment