Monday 19 November 2012

Hand product review: L' Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Hi!
Now, as you may see this is a bit of a different blog post as it is not make-up. :( In fact it is a hand cream and I have been wanting to review this for a while but I thought now that the weather is so horrible and cold this would be better for many people with dry skin around this time and it is also a good idea for a gift for Christmas.




This cream is amazing for this weather as it is very thick and very moisturizing which I feel does much better than my usual Nivea Soft cream which is slightly lighter and doesn't really give me the satisfaction this cream does. Now, when I say thick I mean thick. This must be the thickest cream that I own (I don't own that many creams) and surprisingly doesn't leave that much of a residue. Sometimes I hate when I put on a cream but it takes me forever to rub in and absorb into the skin, especially when I am just about to do something, like picking up a glass of water. Before you know it, it's on the floor and has smashed and there are pieces of glass everywhere. :( However this cream absorbs into the skin nicely. Once you have put this cream on, your hands do feel very soft for a long time. I tend to put it on just before I go to bed and the next day my hands are still really soft after lunch, which is great. 

The smell is quite strong and as you can imagine it smells of shea butter. I don't really like the scent as much as I like the cream but I can definitely put up with it on my hands. It isn't that disgusting! If you like the smell of shea then this is the hand cream for you as the smell is very strong as it does have 20% shea butter in it.

Overall, I really like this product as it does the job for my hands and it is priced at £8 pounds for the travel one (30 ml, which I have) or around £18 pounds for the full size which is 150ml. As I said before, this does make the perfect gift for anyone!
What do you use on your hands in this weather?
What are you giving your relatives this Christmas?
Chiara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment