Sunday 11 November 2012

Make-up review: Sleek i-Divine Shangri-La Collection Respect Palette

Me again!
So, these days I have been blabbing on and on all about sunset shades because I love them so much, so here is an apology. BUT..... this product that I am going to review couldn't wait. One because it is limited and two, because it is flipping amazing! And it is Sleek i-Divine Shangri-La Collection Respect Palette. I wasn't entirely sure on the name as there is so much stuff written on the box so that is what I am going to call it for now.


For starters, I am kind of angry because I actually had to buy this in a different country. I have always wanted to try Sleek products as they are apparently really good but I have never seen a Sleek counter or  'shop' anywhere in London. I bought this palette in Sephora in Italy, which I was really happy to have found it but now I need to wait until I go back to Italy so I can get another Sleek product, which sucks! If anyone knows where they sell Sleek please let me now in the comment box, or twitter as I have been looking in Superdrugs and Boots and I simply can't find it.



Moving on to the actual product, as I said earlier, I love it! The colours are very pigmented and the palette contains a variety of both matte and slight shimmery colours. I have decided that I will review each colour so here it goes:


  • Gladys White- I love to use this in the inner corner of my eye as it is a really good colour for highlighting and brightening the eye
  • James Brown- This dark brown is really pretty. In the box it looks slightly shimmery but it comes out more matt on the eye, meaning that it loses some shimmer. I prefer matt eyeshadow, but it might not appeal to some if you'd rather shimmer. 
  • Shalamar- This matt colour is really hard to explain, so I'm going to go ahead and say that it is a peach apricot skin colour that has slight pink and brown undertones to it. This colour is really natural and I like to sweep it all over the eyelid.
  • Count Basi Beige- This creamy beige colour is again very natural and matt.
  • Aretha Orange- This is where the sunset fun starts. This bright, ever so slightly shimmery orange is very pigmented, and a little goes along way to get the really bright colour. 
  • Otis Red- Yet again, another very pigmented bright colour, but this time red. With these bright colours I like starting from the inner corners of my eye, and make it darker as I go along the lash line so it starts white and ends black.
  • Roberta Black- This is one of the most intense blacks I have ever used. Gorgeous.
  • Vandellas- This intense purple is probably my favourite colour in this palette and it is probably the most pigmented one alongside the black colour.
  • Cameo Cream- This off-white is probably useless in this palette as it technically has the same finish as the white, but yet again this matte is natural and simple.
  • Motown Mink- This mink joins the natural club as it is a really soft mink with hints of grey.
  • O'Jays- This is my second favourite as it is so pretty. It is the most shimmery copper colour in the palette with orange undertone and gold flecks, which do come up in the eye and aren't lost. I love to use this in the centre of my eye to brighten it when I am using dark colours to add a pop of bright shimmer.
  • New Jack Pink- This super bright pink is also quite pigmented and adds brightness to these glum days. I actually sometimes use it as a blush on days when I feel crazy. :)
The palette comes with a two sided brush that you usually get in palettes and a full sized mirror, and by that I mean the whole inside part of the palette which is not eyeshadow is mirror, which is really comfortable for touching up or putting on make-up. The only problem is that as the actual casing is matt black plastic and gets dirty with your fingertips quite easily. Overall though it is an amazing palette which fits into right now's on-trend colours, so hurry and grab one now before they are discontinued! 

Colours 8, Pigmentation 9.5 and overall.. 9 out of 10! 
What do you think of Sleek?
Do you know where to get it in London?
Chiara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment