Thursday 15 November 2012

Make-up review: Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pearl Grey

Hello!
A lot of you guys seemed to have liked reading my Chanel blog post in confront to others, so I have gone for another luxury brand, Burberry! Burberry has done a make-up line and I have tried a few of their products and so far I really like them, so today I have thought of doing a more winter-y colour eyeshadow as it will be of much more use than a bright turquoise eyeshadow as I can imagine that right now we are all heading for our darker colours.

                                       

I am going to start by saying that the packaging for Burberry is just so glamorous and luxurious, like the brand itself and it has a metal casing that closes with a magnet meaning that it will stay closed and it has the signature check on the casing. When I look at this eye shadow it makes me feel glamorous! The packaging comes with a brush and a full sized mirror.


 The actual eyeshadow is really plain grey which has a bit of shimmer when applied to the eye which describes the reason of it being called PEARL Grey. This colour is very pigmented for being a sheer eye shadow and doesn't need a lot of powder to get the grey shown in the packaging as I sometimes find when you buy an eye shadow, it isn't very pigmented and looks very different to what you think you are putting on your eyes, which is terrible if you have paid a lot of money for that eyeshadow This eye shadow is completely different to those kinds and it shows up on your eyes really well. Bonus point: the actual eyeshadow has the check imprinted on it, which is adorable! This colour is perfect for these dark days and can be used for simple smokey eyes to extravagant night out. The eyeshadow glides on the eyes so smoothly and lasts so much (I had it on when I went out to an exhibition and when I came back home it was still there, which was around 3-4 hours of walking, meaning this lasts a LONG time). Overall I love the finish of this shadow!


These eyeshadows are priced at £22.50 which is QUITE expensive but it is worth it. The actual range of Burberry eyeshadow is gorgeous and are very wearable, neutral colours that are on-trend and suitable for everyone and this eyeshadow is just a really wearable winter colour that matches the weather as right now the days are a bit grey. :( Overall for Colour 9.5, Packaging 10 and Pigmentation 8!
Have you ever tried Burberry make-up?
What make-up are you wearing in these days?
Chiara xx




No comments:

Post a Comment