Tuesday 6 November 2012

Make-up review: Chanel Le Vernis in Frenzy

Hello!
As you can see from the title, Chanel is coming to blog, and not just any Chanel, nail polish Chanel(and as it is so luxurious, instead of writing nail polish I wrote it in french!). I can imagine your faces as I am about to talk about one of the most on-trend nail polishes/colours this season which is none other than the gorgeous Frenzy (559).



Let's start by explaining the colour, and bare with me as it is really hard to explain.  Most of you will see it as a nude, some as a light brown-ish cashmere, some of you as a nude-y rose-y dusk or a grey-ish light taupe. I see it as a mixture of all four, making it such an elegant, feminine nail polish worth the money. 

This nail polish is suitable for most ages, but knowing that girls now-adays are more into brights, this polish might suit the young adults/adults group. But, may I warn you, this colour is one of the most famous this A/W so you better have a similar one to stay fashionable. If your persistent about brights, oxblood is also on-trend, a dark bright red wine (if you get what I mean!).

The finish is so shiny and glossy and surprisingly the nail polish lasts for a week without chipping (with a top coat), so the saying is right, you get what you pay for. Talking about prices, these polishes are around £18 which personally I don't think is that bad for Chanel if we are being honest. Another pleasant surprise I found was that it dried really quickly! It doesn't say anything about drying time on the bottle but when I put on my nail so I could take a picture for you guys, I waited a minute and by the time I started typing, which was a minute after applying, that nail was completely dry! 1 point to Chanel!
(it is really dark these days :( so the colour didn't really come up in camera)

The bottle is probably one of the most gorgeous bottles in the nail polish industry, even though the cap you get on top of the polish is really confusing. Even the box you get it in is to die for! The only down side of this nail polish is that it needs around 2-3 coats to get an opaque colour if not it is in between a sheer and opaque colour.

Overall, 10 for the colour, 10 for the bottle and 9 for the finish. Chanel, you've done well. I'm very impressed. I am really curious if there is a price difference in France as I am going there soon! Let me know! You can tell me at @Aphrodi23905920 on Twitter or leave a comment below! If you like how I write, follow this blog! :)
What do you think of these seasons colours?
Is Frenzy on your Christmas list now?
Chiara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment