Monday 26 November 2012

Make-up look obsession: Neutral Cat Eye

Hi guys,
be prepared, as as soon it becomes December the 1st, the Christmas blog post are going to start, and never end till January the 6th so as I didn't want to overload you guys with too much Christmas spirit in November, this blog post will try not to include too many festive words and will be about the eye I am rocking these days: the neutral cat eye.

This look is quite new as I don't usually go for a cat eye and i don't usually go for browns and neutrals on my eyes as I love to experiment with bright colours on my eyes rather than my lips. Recently I have been surfing Youtube and reading blogs and I suddenly realised how many people wore neutral looks which instantly made me want to wear it. Most of the time I just line the water line but I find that the cat eye makes my huge eyes more elongated and normal size and gives that gorgeous daring look that you don't achieve easily with these colours. I love the contrast of my bright blue eye with the brown and I think it actually suits me, when I would never initially go for  brown colours. I tend to pair this with my Burberry lip Glow in Vintage Gold as it picks up the gold flecks in my eyes or a dark lip gloss, as dark lipstick may be too harsh as there is already a lot of brown going on. 


I lined my water line with a chestnut colour eyeliner, used a simple cream off-white base for my eye, defined my crease with a mink colour, used a gradient pattern on my top lash line by starting at the inner corner with a chestnut, moving on to a brown and ending with a dark wood colour. On the lower lash line I applied a gold bronze colour and brought some of the dark wood colour just at the corner of my eye. 

Overall, I will experiment a bit more with neutrals!
Do you wear neutrals a lot?
Do you like to try different looks once in a while?
Chiara xx
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4289851/?claim=sa8jnrnepxa">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment