Thursday 22 November 2012

Make-up review: Burberry Lip Glow in Vintage Gold

 Hello guys!
I am suddenly getting into the Christmas mood and lately I love this lipgloss which is also the perfect gift for Christmas. It is Burberry Lip Glow in Vintage Gold. The name appeals to me so much! I really like Burberry products, so it WILL be a recurring brand!
The colour is very sheer as it is a lip glow, so it doesn't actually come out gold on the lips. Not that crazy! I can't even start explaining how festive and beautiful this colour is. It is a gold with copper and rust undertones to it, so it is a darker gold and has fine gold shimmer running through it which makes your lips look more glossy than sparkly, so it is a really wearable glitter. As it is so sheer, it just complements the natural peach-y pink of your lips and makes them look glowing and much more attractive.  
Another good thing about this gloss is that the wand is AMAZING! Most of the time I really dislike the wands you get in lip glosses as they are either too big or a weird shape, not mentioning any names..... *cough L'Oreal cough* But this one is just perfect! The gloss glides on my lips so easily with one stroke and the wand is the a really good average size brush that fits all lips. When wands are too big, I get gloss all over the sides of my mouth which is very unattractive.


The finish is also really good and is a very natural, go-to gloss that I feel suits everyone and makes the lips ever so slightly darker and bring out the natural pink of my lips. This also goes really well with lipstick underneath. I recommend a bright pink or a peach shade. You could also dab this in the centre of a red lip and make it really festive and Christmassy.  It isn't extremely sticky and feels good on the lips.

The packaging  is so, so so gorgeous with the signature check lid and BURBERRY imprinted on the side of the bottle. Who couldn't not stop staring at this cute little bottle as they apply this rusty nude onto their lips. Gorgeous.


Overall, 9 out of 10 for packaging, 9 out of ten for finish and 9 out of ten for colour. As this are sheer I didn't write about the pigmentation. They also taste and smell of nothing, in case you wanted to know and so far it has not irritated my lips. It is limited edition and priced at £19 pounds, which is pricey but completely worth it. Normal unlimited glosses are £18.50 and are also very pretty.
Have you tried Burberry lip glow?
What do you think of these festive colours that I am sporting?
Chiara xx
P.S This shade is number 18


















No comments:

Post a Comment