Wednesday 17 October 2012

Make-up review: Barry M lip paint!

Hey everybody,
you may have noticed, but I have a slight obsession over make-up. Barry M make-up. So whenever I am in Boots or Superdrug or whatever, and there is an offer, I always buy something and over the months I have bought and tried their lip paints, and I can say I am very satisfied.

(From left to right:53,100,154 and 153)

I own 4 Barry M lip paints (not including the one I bought last week from their new collection) and always seem to be wearing them. I own them in the various colours: 100(which is a very light baby pink), 53(a coral peach coloured lipstick with a pearled effect), 153( a bright fuchsia) and 154( a gorgeous peachy pale nude). For a start these lipsticks last for ever. Most lipsticks I tend to wear that are not Barry M after I have had one glass of water, are gone and stuck to my glass. UGH.... But these ones literally stick to the lips (clue in the name) as they should, and last a few hours before touching up which is great if you are out for a few hours with friends or something.
53, perfect for a toned down bright look
100, childish, innocent, pure, feminine look
154, great for any occasion, formal event or casual going out

153(It got smashed :( boohoo), perfect for bright, teen look

The colour comes onto the lips quite nicely, but I find with the lighter colours I need to pass on the lips a few times to get the perfect colours, whereas the brighter ones are so bright on the lips, I need to be careful about how I put them on. I'm not really keen on looking like a smudgy duck. They are quite dry, surprisingly, when on the lips, (noting they are so creamy whilst being applied), and not very moisturising but you can just fix that with a lip balm really. They are very pigmented, very pretty and the packaging is quite small making them very comfortable for when you are on the go. They look amazing with lip gloss on top and can be used for any occasion, dressed up or down!

Hope you enjoyed this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment