Monday 22 October 2012

Make-up review: Stila eyeshadow in pigalle

Hey guys!
In this autumnal season I have been recently enjoying this old eyeshadow I own which is Stila eyeshadow in the gorgeous shade pigalle. (not sure how to say that!)
(They are priced at £12 each)
As you can see the shade of this eyeshadow is a dark plummy burgundy which I find is perfect for fall as I have figured out that khakis, burgundies, reds and plums shades are key to this season and this eyeshadow falls right into that category. For a start I can say that the packaging is very cute. I do not know why, but I find their new metal casing are very useful and unfortunately I own an old version of this eyeshadow, which is in a cardboard box which, as you can imagine, gets very dirty and tattered in very short amount of time. BUT.... they have changed that now, so if you want it, it is much more comfortable to have and it is small so easy to travel with.

The shadow itself is quite good. That's all I can really say. It is not amazing in the way that I love it and want to buy every other shade in this brand as it is so gorgeous but it also isn't disgusting. The ONLY problem I have with it is that I find that it isn't very pigmented, so if you do want extremely pigmented eyes, these eyeshadows are more for the blending, not for pigment. It has really pretty gold fine glitters in the shadow which I think makes your natural eye colour stand out more. It also catches the light. You could use this to make a gorgeous smouldering smokey eye with plum and burgundy shades and apply it to the crease giving the eye definition, or you could apply it at the lash line as an alternative smokey liner, or even by itself for extra drama! I think that if you wear this kind of shade, though, you should pair it with a nude lip as you want this colour to be the star of the show. I reccomend the new Topshop lipstick in Fawn (£9) by their new collection, the dark side of nude, which is really pretty.

Overall I can say that I like this eyeshadow, I like the overall finish, I love it for a very fall/autumn smokey eye but it isn't unfortunately very pigmented, which could cause a problem to some people.

Have you tried Stila before?
What do you think of this eyeshadow/ shade?
Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment