Wednesday 3 October 2012

Make-up review: Volume flash Scandal Eyes By Rimmel

Hello everybody, 
me again! Today I am going to do a review of Rimmel's volume flash scandal eyes mascara!

Let's say.... no lash can escape! This Rimmel mascara wand is MASSIVE! They claim that the brush is 50% bigger than all their other mascaras and that it is their biggest brush yet. 

This mascara is amazing. It coats every single lash, including the tiny ones, it lengthens the lashes and I find that not only this mascara gives you volume but it curls your lashes up too so it opens your eyes even more . This mascara contains nearly every property that a good mascara needs. 

You can achieve an amazing look with only one coat of mascara, as the brush is so big it will coat every lash in one go. The size of this brush may in fact intimidate some people as  many people's first instinct is that they are going to poke their eye with a mascara wand, which has happened to me with other mascaras and hurt! But no, when I first put this mascara wand on I didn't have any incidents and I was very pleased with my finished look.

The bottle for this mascara is as well huge! The packaging is, as you can see in the photo, bright neon orange, so there is no chance of losing this mascara in your purse. It also has the cute Rimmel crown imprinted on the top.  It is the brightest mascara I own!

The only defect this mascara has is that if you do want to go for VERY big lashes, this mascara can become clumpy at the top of the lashes, which I personally find that happens with most mascara when you put more than one coat. A way to prevent clumpy eyelashes is to brush any excess 'liquid' before applying to the eye or to pass a cotton bud with eye make-up remover over the clumps on the lashes, which should thin them out. 

My eyes without Scandal Eyes ( sorry for crappy quality!)

My eyes with Scandal Eyes  :D ( it's a different camera from the one I used in previous photo!)

Hope you enjoyed this post! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment