Friday 26 October 2012

Make-up review: KIKO Super Colour Mascara + Swatches

Hello everybody!!
Coloured mascara. Already those words may frighten some of you as to the fact of having bright blue eyelashes. But I have found my favourite coloured mascara and today I am writing about them to you. And they are (drumroll please).... KIKO's Super colour mascara!
(from top to bottom:02, 05, 03)

Now, may I start by saying that they certainly do not lie when they say these are SUPER COLOUR mascara. These are one of my favourite mascaras as the colour shows up so vividly which adds a youthful yet smart look to your eye make-up and can instantly make a boring black smokey so much more playful.

I own the mascara in shades 02, 03 and 05, which are blue, green and plum,  and I can definitely say that I wear them much more than my usual black mascara as I feel they complete the look and add a more artistic spin on my usual plain black/brown eyeliner. 

These mascaras are very pigmented and surprisingly add a lot of volume to the lashes. I used to not buy coloured mascara as I was never satisfied with the finished look as it didn't make my lashes longer or add any volume, and most of the time they were not very pigmented leaving me with an empty pocket and crap mascara, so when I saw KIKO coming out with these mascaras, I was curious as KIKO is one of my favourite brand but I managed to resist spending more money. I was very excited when a cousin of mine (my cousins spoil me :D) got me the blue one, and since then I can't stop wearing it. They make my lashes so big and curled and opened my eyes after applying it a few times. I was so pleased and I think that you get really good quality for what you pay (Which is £5.90 (a bit over my money spending rule but worth it!)).

Okay, as I said in the introduction, coloured mascara may scare you as they scared me when I first thought of having brightly coloured mascara, but there are ways that you can tone the colour down. It is a technique that I saw in a Rimmel advert called colour popping, when you apply a colour on top of another which changes the colour underneath. Lately, I have decided to try it with my mascaras, I would apply black mascara and then layer on top a bright coloured one, which makes the finished look a more wearable and dark version of the naturally bright lashes. Personally I prefer having really dramatic lashes but if you too are more normal than me, try that option instead. 

Unfortunately, this mascara is no Rimmel Scandal eyes, and the wand is much smaller meaning that it doesn't coat all lashes in one go, like my gorgeous Scandal Eye. This means that if you want all lashes green or blue or whatever colour you want you have to go for 2-3 coats to get every single lash.
(It doesn't really show up in camera, but on my right eye I am wearing 02(blue) and on my left 03(green))


Overall, I really enjoy this mascara and can't wait to try it with new make-up looks! Sometimes I even tend to just wear it on it's own and let the lashes do the talking! If you enjoy my blog posts, please follow my blog as it makes my day, just click on subscribe to Aphrodite! Thanks:)
Hope you enjoyed this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment